Saturday, January 31, 2015

6 Questions: An Author Spotlight Series: Cecelia Galante

Cecilia Galante, author of the Little Wings series answers our questions.



Favorite MG authors? Illustrators you admire?

E.B. White, Louis Sachar, Rebecca Stead, Kate DiCamillo, Laura Ingalls Wilder

Favorite MG books from the past year (2014/2015)?


Wonder by R.J. Palacco

How/why did you start writing?

I started writing as a teenager to try to make sense of the world around me. I had an unusual childhood and writing about it gave me the sense of securing my footing for the first time.

One piece of advice for young writers?
Read everything!

What are you currently working on?  (Give us your elevator pitch!)

I am very superstitious about not talking about what I am currently working on, since it seems to “break the spell.” I can however, tell you that it is another middle grade novel and it is set in an environment that I’ve never written about before.

Are your characters/stories inspired by real people/events?

I usually start off with a character or situation that I’m familiar with and then watch as things start to take a life of their own. By the end of my novels, the characters are so far from what I originally thought they would be that I barely recognize them!

No comments:

Post a Comment